Ford Repair/07' Edge - cruise control

Hello again Brian, I have a problem that ONLY happens when the cruise control is on and set. When slow acceleration is first required (not downshifting), such as going up a small hill after driving at a steady speed, there are two or three very noticeable what feels like engine "stumbles" or "misses" that occur back to back. After this occurs the vehicle runs fine even if it has to downshift to maintain the set speed. If the cruise is not on there are no problems at all when accelerating in the very same manner. It acts like something with the cruise control is out of adjustment. Thanks for your time again.

it actually seems like you are experiencing an ignition miss. the cruise control seems to be able to accelerate the right conditons. this is not uncommon as your vehicle has 1 coil per cylinder and apparently one or more is breaking down,, unfortunatley- the only people able to see this because of  " right to repair " laws at this point are your dealer.

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician