Ford Repair/1999 Explorer Washer Pump

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer and i have replaced the washer pump, the 2 lower relays and when metering the whole system, while pressing in the button attached to the turn signal arm i get 11.7 volts all the way to the pump connector, but when attached the motor does not run or pump fluid....any help would be awesome

when checking voltage at the pump connector did you only check for voltage to one wire or both ? if you disconnect the connector at the pump and install a meter bewteen both terminals you should read 12.0 volts when the switch is pushed. if your only reading 12 volts at one terminal then you have a bad ground. if voltage is preseant when measuring between both terminals than the pump is faulty please get back to  

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician