Ford Repair/2002 explorer sport blinking battery light

Today i noticed the battery light on my 2002 explorer started blinking. It seems to blink when i let up on the accelerator. Also noticed charging gauge needle to be on the low side. Vehicle has 97k. Looks like alternator may be on its wy out. How can i confirm this?

replace the alternator- very common. best way for a DIY is to put a voltmeter at the battery, turn on your lights to high beam, tuen your heater to high and turn on wipers to high- the meter should still read atleast 13.7 volts. if not, the alternator is faulty

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician