Ford Repair/F150 Power Door Locks Installation

Question
I couldn't find a more general category for this question on AllExperts...
I have a 2005 F150 with manual door locks and would like to get automatic locks with keyless entry. Where do I go to get this done? Struggling to figure out the best type of shop to go to.

Answer
you have 2 options- fins a repitable place that does alarms, remotes etc in your area or bring it to your ford dealer, the wiring to the doors should already be there but, they will have to add actuators to the locks, obviously change your door pad to incorporate the switch and program your body control module.. best advice- bring it to your local dealer, cost a little more ??? yup- done right with a warranty-- yup

Ford Repair

brian