Ford Repair/Transmission Fluid

hi, Hope you can help 2004 ford taurus 24 v D.O.H.C.motor the trans fluid goes down appox 1 qrt in about 6 months there are no oil leaks i have checked many times is this common the car has always had sevices since we got it in 2006 . thank you for any help ,gary

If there are no external leaks, the only other leak I am aware of would be the transmission cooler inside the radiator. Check the coolant, if it is overfull or discolored this may be your leak. Oil/coolant mix can vary from a pink tint in the coolant to milkshake looking mush.  

Ford Repair

I am a retired Ford master tech specializing in electrical, climate control, emissions, driveability, chassis, brakes, and any light repairs. Cannot answer transmission, parts, or price questions, these are not areas of my expertise.

39 years of auto repair, diagnosis, and emissions testing, in service staions, independent garages, and 20 years with Ford dealers.

National Street Rod Association (NSRA)
International Automotive Technicians Network (IATN)
IAMAW (retired)

Riverside City College Automotive technology program
Ford Master Tech Certified Engine and Chassis Master (Over 500 hours)
ASE Certified in 7 categories
6 years training in Union 76 Pro-tech program

4-time Technician of the Year at Almaden Lincoln Mercury
Ford Master Tech
Union 76 Pro-tech Master tech