Ford Repair/1990 E-150 Cargo Van

Not sure you can help with this as your expertise does not extend to years prior to 2000.  But, I imagine not much has changed with tail lights on this vehicle.

So, the problem: left tail light is out
1) bulb has been changed  
2) electrical contact cleaner applied
3) connector was traced and cleaned.

Brake lights and turn signals work. Tail light is still out.
Any other suggestions?

your tail lights are fead from the headlamp switch, at nor near the rear bumper, there is a splice that splits to the right and left rear tail lights. not being there so i can see, there is an obvious break after this splice. if you have electrical knowledge, you can jump these two wires from the right tail lamp to the left with no damage

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician