Ford Repair/93 ford ranger

My 93 ford ranger 4.0L reverse lights are always on except when my light switch is pushed in. I have replaced the neutral saftey switch and still nothing. But when i put my truck into reverse when the light switch is pushed in (off) my dash lights up. What would be the issue

i would start by checking the wiring from the reverse light harness at the back of the truck. it sounds like your tail light and reverse light circuits are touching/shorted together. remove the rear lenses first and inspect also, if you have a trailer harness check it for corrosion and get back to me

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician