Ford Repair/Ehaust gas tempature

The car
The car  
QUESTION: I have a 1992 Mustang 5.0 that runs fine except for one annoying event. When running at a constant speed on a level road the exhaust gas tempature starts to climb above 1300 degrees when the tachometer reaches 2200 rpm. The  higher the rpm the higher the tempature climbs. This is a concern to me because I don't want to damage the engine. There are no error codes and the emissions are far better than the state standard. For the life of me I can't figure what is causing it. If you could offer any suggestions I would appreciate it. If you have need for more specific information please email me.
Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: is your check engine light in ??? are there any modifications to the vehicle ??? the only thing that is gonna raise that temp is either converters that are starting to go bad, a misfiring engine or an engine running very lean

QUESTION: Check engine lit no on. Dart 306 block, Canfield heads, Ford "E" cam. 80 mm proam 75 mm TB, cobra lower intake downs upper, Vortec "S" trim pullied for 5 lbs of boost, MSD 6 al with boost retard, 10 degrees initial and 38 max  advance at 3000rpm. Plugs all show light brown. No AFR gauge. Situation occurs when engine is not producing boost.

you have a tuner in this car i assume ??? if so, did you install it yourself ??? if not bring it to who did and have them back off the fuel input. reason being is, unburned fuel at cruise will dump in to the exhaust and raise the temp. in the long run- yes damage will occur.

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician