Ford Repair/Expedition Misfire?...

Question
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition, 5.4L V8 with about 154000 miles.  Lately the car has been idling rough and running really rough when I accelerate.  I think its misfiring.  Is it common for these vehicles to have issues with the ignition coils?  I'm wondering if I should just do a basic tune-up (plugs, etc), but I have to take the ignition coils out to get to plugs and I'm not sure if I should replace those as well while I'm under the hood.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Answer
very common for those coils to go bad especially at high mileage, you don't need to replace all of them although you can. they are not that expensive. if your check engine light is on and you have the vehicle scanned, that's the coil to replace. also i recommend only installing motorcraft spark plugs. this engine is sensitive to those

Ford Repair

brian