Ford Repair/2008 Taurus X power liftgate failed

Liftgate will not go up when commanded from dash button, or from remote, or from the button under the lift handle.  Can be lifted manually but falls shut quickly when let go of.  Support struts may be failed, but I also suspect that the lift motor is bad.  What is the procedure for replacing the liftgate motor?  (I will also replace the two support struts but I know how to do that.)  Thanks.

Hi, let me look into this a little further when I get to work at the dealership and do some digging . I will get back to you Saturday night thanks for your patience hi I want you to coy and paste this link and follow the instructions, it's the first step in diagnosing this concern. follow it exactly to reunite laze . If it doesn't work get back to me

Ford Repair

I can help you to answer most vehicle questions dating from 2000 and on. cars and light trucks relating to ford electrical. air conditioning, heating, brakes, steering and almost all driveabilty concrns. I am well versed in the area of Fords new sync/ford and lincoln my touch systems.

I have worked for Ford for the last 15 years and recently received my master technician status.

Ford master tecnician. Ford certified in steering, suspension, brakes, climate control, electrical and driveability concerns. light transission concerns. as well as certifed in Fords new sync/Ford/Lincoln mt Touch systems

Ford master technician