Ford Repair/Coolant flush

Question
96' Ford F-150 4.9L proper way to ad coolant in w/o getting air pockets after a compete flush n drain, how many air bleeds on engine and do I have to remove screws to to prevent air pockets or is just lifting front end highe and slowly gradually adding coolant 1/2 way enough, then warm up and rest of coolant.

Answer
Julie,
Hi, actually the best way to fill the coolant , is to have the funnel that does not let air into the system. If you don't have this. Then fill up the cooling system and the overflow tank. Let run till normal operation temp with cap loose. Make sure you do keep an eye on the coolant level. Once full turn on heater and let run. The temp gauge may fluctuate from hot to normal. Do this for about fifteen minutes and all the air bubbles will work their way out.
Jeff

Ford Repair

Jeff Brinkley