Foreclosure/federal tax liens on real property in Ohio

Do federal tax liens survive a sheriff sale on a property (remain attached to the real estate)?  Thank you.

Sometimes.  They do have a right of redemption  This is somewhat of a case by case basis.  

They can always go after the seller in different ways.  Garnishments.  Going after bank accounts.  Etc.

I would double check with a local tax attorney to see what normally happens in your area.

Steele V. Propp

Can answer questions on all areas of the foreclosure process both judicial and non-judicial. Also on loss mitigation and foreclosure prevention including loan modification, short sales and deed in lieu of foreclosure. Also can assist with questions on purchasing property in foreclosure and already bank owned (REO, Real Estate Owned). Both as an investor and/or a homeowner.

I have 18 years of working with the foreclosure industry as a Foreclosure Specialist. Currently work with over 20 major lenders as well as a dozen asset management companies. Head up the Bank Owned Property Division of the Schatz Real Estate Group located in Minneapolis, MN. Regularly consult and advise consumers from across the county.

I belong to the Realtor Association at the National, State and Local levels. Also the Real Estate Investors Association. The Real Estate Educators Association. The National Association of Real Estate Consultants. The Short Sale Specialist Network. As well as number foreclosure related industry organizations.

Consumer Reports, Money magazine, Consumer Digest and many local and national newspapers.

Bachelors Degree work in Psycholgy and Economics. Masters Degree work in Counseling Over 15 real estate designations. Specialized ongoing study of foreclosures, short sales, mortgages and real estate.

Diamond Award from the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) origanization. Chapter of the Heart as President of the Minnesota CRS Chapter. Consumer-Certified Real Estate Consultant Certified Distressed Property Expert

GMAC Asset Management, First American REO, HomEquity REO, Keystone Asset Management, Greentree, REOWorld, ServiceLink and more.