Foreclosure/Bankruptcy Chapter 13

I have 2 properties, 1 is under bankruptcy protection and the other is in foreclosure. The mortgage company has both mortgages, and they are applying the lawyer fees from the property in foreclosure to the property that’s under bankruptcy protection. Is this legal?

I'm not an attorney so I can only give you my opinion. If it were me I would make sure I knew the difference in price that I was paying in legal fees between the two. I think you will pay much less if the fees are under the BK depending on chapter 7 or chapter 13. Could you let me know if it is a 13 or 7 that you are filing, then I can answer more accurately.

James D. Clardy

I have spent the last twenty-five years saving homes from foreclosure in South Carolina. I have extensive experience negotiating with lenders. I have postponed foreclosures for up to four years before the lender finally gave in and let my client keep her home "This is my specialty". One should never give up, even if you think it’s impossible. I know the ropes and can slug it out with the best of them. I can answer questions about what “to do” and what “not to do” during the foreclosure process as well as the pre-foreclosure and post-foreclosure process.

Twenty-five years of stopping foreclosures in South Carolina, to include properties both listed by Realtors and those owned by banks. Foreclosure properties to include pre-foreclosure and post-foreclosure , and what to do next.

I was a Real Estate Broker in South Carolina for the past twenty-seven years.

I have written several articals on E-How

Some college

Thousands over the last twenty seven years