Foreclosure/uncooperative mortgage servicer

I am in a huge mess! My mortgage servicer is blocking my every attempt to get a loan modification- it's a long story.

My question is about HAMP- if a company received bailout money, are they required to participate in HAMP?

Also, can you recommend any resources for me to educate myself on what I'm up against?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Katie,

I understand your frustration. Usually only 10% of loan modifications actually get approved so you are not alone. Usually the servicers want to participate in HAMP as they get paid a bonus for doing so. The individual investors who own the note are not required to participate.

Remember the banks are not modifying the loan to help you. They modify to help themselves. If the numbers do not work out in their favor then they don't approve the loan modification. There are lots of blogs out there that state what different servicers are doing. The best thing to do is to google HAMP loan modification guidelines and get educated on what you need to do to get approved. I hope that that helps.

Brian Pitcher

I can answer all questions in regards to short sales, strategic default, foreclosures, loan modifications, and most questions regarding real estate law.

I have closed well over 100 short sales in the past 3 years and that is the work we primarily do. We teach people how to keep their home if they can or how to bail on it in the best possible way without any recourse. I have taught many public seminars to accountants, loan mod counselors, attorney's and also many other real estate agents all over the country. I also know how to deal with the very tough second mortgages in the negotiations as well as mechanic liens and default judgements.

I have a bachelors in Spanish with a minor in Economics from the University of Utah. I have also been a Realtor for 8 years closing well over 200 transactions. I am a KW instructor for Short Sales and Foreclosures.