Foreclosure/monetary default in loan

My home is in foreclosure the date was set for 1/7/2014, this date was postpone due to monetary default by the mortgage company. At this point I have submitted a corrective action letter and waiting on response, since the postpone the attorney for mortgage company has proceeding with a new sale date. The fees are excessive (double) from the first reinstatement quote. What should I do, at this point I am trying to save my home but its hard when the mortgage are doubling recovery corporate advance fees and attorney fees. there are four monthly payments that are in question.

Hi Sheri,

looks like you are in a tough spot. My advice to you is to catch up in whatever way you can. Then after you have pulled your home out of foreclosure, you can then see an attorney and go after those overpaid fees. I don't know if they can charge them or not, but a local foreclosure or Real Estate Attorney could tell you. At the end of the day it may cost you more money to go after those fees then what you actually get. I hope that I was able to help somewhat.

Brian Pitcher

Brian Pitcher

I can answer all questions in regards to short sales, strategic default, foreclosures, loan modifications, and most questions regarding real estate law.

I have closed well over 100 short sales in the past 3 years and that is the work we primarily do. We teach people how to keep their home if they can or how to bail on it in the best possible way without any recourse. I have taught many public seminars to accountants, loan mod counselors, attorney's and also many other real estate agents all over the country. I also know how to deal with the very tough second mortgages in the negotiations as well as mechanic liens and default judgements.

I have a bachelors in Spanish with a minor in Economics from the University of Utah. I have also been a Realtor for 8 years closing well over 200 transactions. I am a KW instructor for Short Sales and Foreclosures.