Foreclosure/Resale of home bought foreclosed

If You Buy A Foreclosed Home And Resell It, Will You Normally Resell It "as Is"? Will The Fact That You Bought The Home As A Foreclosure Negatively Impact Its Resale Value?

Hi Monika,

If you buy a foreclosed home odds are you will need to put some money into it to fix it up in order to sell it. Most homes are sold as is, it doesn't mean the buyer can't ask you to do something to the home to fix it or make it better.

Having a foreclosed home doesn't impact its resale value. The condition matters for resale. Make sure that it is in good condition and you will be ok.

Brian Pitcher

I can answer all questions in regards to short sales, strategic default, foreclosures, loan modifications, and most questions regarding real estate law.

I have closed well over 100 short sales in the past 3 years and that is the work we primarily do. We teach people how to keep their home if they can or how to bail on it in the best possible way without any recourse. I have taught many public seminars to accountants, loan mod counselors, attorney's and also many other real estate agents all over the country. I also know how to deal with the very tough second mortgages in the negotiations as well as mechanic liens and default judgements.

I have a bachelors in Spanish with a minor in Economics from the University of Utah. I have also been a Realtor for 8 years closing well over 200 transactions. I am a KW instructor for Short Sales and Foreclosures.