QUESTION: Ok. I'm worried that could lose my home. I wanted to know my rights and/or do I need to worried.  
I'm applied for modification on my house payment in June and at that time less than 30 days late since payment do on 1st of June and call that month Bc going be off work next 2-3 months.  I got everything turn in that bank requested well now been 4 months and still don't have answers.  I call them and all get we still waited for bank make decisions.  I just went to back to work and made 2 payments should only make me 2 months behind well call let them know and I told that they could reject payment.  Got letter saying something like most enclosed document before began foreclosure and don't understand letter.
Just don't understand how could take home since I'm trying work with them I can't help the that modification hasn't be approved or declined let. If tell me no or yes I can try get money some other way

ANSWER: Hello Veronica,

If you are trying to get a loan modification they are known to take at least 6 months or longer. You will also not get approved for a modification if you are unemployed. Now that you have a job again it is likely that you won't get approved for a loan modification unless your income is now lower then what is was before.

Once the foreclosure process starts, (Usually 3 months after you go late), you will not be able make a partial payment. That means that you have to make up all of the payments that you are late or they will foreclose. You can also call your bank and ask for a forbearance, which is where they divide up the payments that you are behind equally over 12 months. Most people can't do this either as the monthly loan payment will be much higher then what it is normally.
Hopefully this helps.


[an error occurred while processing this directive]---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Well my husband was working just didn't have enough on one income.  I wasn't really unemployment on maternity leave

That makes it really hard for you. sorry to hear.

Loan modifications are based on your income. if you don't have income for whatever reason then you won't qualify for a modification. My best advise to not lose your house is to find the money from someone to catch up so that you are not accruing more late fees and penalties.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Brian Pitcher


I can answer all questions in regards to short sales, strategic default, foreclosures, loan modifications, and most questions regarding real estate law.


I have closed well over 100 short sales in the past 3 years and that is the work we primarily do. We teach people how to keep their home if they can or how to bail on it in the best possible way without any recourse. I have taught many public seminars to accountants, loan mod counselors, attorney's and also many other real estate agents all over the country. I also know how to deal with the very tough second mortgages in the negotiations as well as mechanic liens and default judgements.

I have a bachelors in Spanish with a minor in Economics from the University of Utah. I have also been a Realtor for 8 years closing well over 200 transactions. I am a KW instructor for Short Sales and Foreclosures.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]