Foster Care and Termination of Parental Rights/Teenage custody


I am a 17 year old from PA. I would like to know if it is legal for me to leave my custodial parent's house and move in the non custodial parent's house without the custodial parent's permission.

Well at 17 you are not yet viewed as an adult from a legal standpoint. So the only choice I can see is contact your local child and family services for a pro Bono child advocate to help you proceed with getting emancipation from you r parents. Its kind of like  divorcing your parents. If you choose this route you will be considered a legal adult and free to go as you please.
I sincerely hope this helps.

Mysta Minogue

Foster Care and Termination of Parental Rights

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mystalee Minogue


I can answer questions on how foster care works, the difference between social workers and JPOs, questions regarding Guardian at Light-dim, childrens emotional state and group homes.


I was in the foster care system for several years lived in group homes and foster homes had a social worker and lived with children who had JPOs.

I wrote a term paper on the long lasting effects of child abuse and the states role in helping the children and families.

©2017 All rights reserved.