You are here:

Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Crumbling Poured Concrete Basement Wall


Randy wrote at 2015-02-03 15:11:26
After you remove the white chalky layer or efflourecense(sp?), There is a product called Xypex that you can apply which will chemically penetrate the concrete and make it waterproof and stronger. Then you can apply regular concrete patching. I've used it for concrete cisterns with good results, but it is pretty expensive. I have the same problem with my 100 year old foundation walls and am planning to do it this way.

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ed Eckley


I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.


Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Awards and Honors
Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Past/Present Clients
Available on request

©2017 All rights reserved.