Foundation Stabilization and Repair/bulging cinder block basement wall

Question
I'm looking to buy a cape house, on Cape Cod, built in 1951.  The basement has cinder block walls and the wall in the front of the house has a horizontal bulge, about waist high that runs for 15 to 20 feet. The floors above seem true and the rest of the basement walls, with some slight cracking, are solid. We just went thru hurricane Sandy and the basement was dry.  What are the options for fixing this, and at what, obviously ballpark, cost?

Answer
Stabilization needed after basement was finished
Stabilization needed a  

painted Fortress carbon fiber
painted Fortress carbo  
Mike,
    I'm glad you got through hurricane Sandy with a dry basement! We had major flooding in many areas of Ohio, including Cleveland. The issue you are looking at is relatively minor in the scheme of things.
    Cracked and bowing basement walls almost never display symptoms of distress upstairs and throughout the main floors. Wall cracking upstairs, sticking windows and doors are usually a result of foundation settlement...not hydrostatic soil pressure.
    A cinder block basement wall with a horizontal bulge and slight cracking is a very easy problem to solve and stabilize with Fortress Carbon Fiber. Standard carbon spacing vertically along the length of the wall is 4' on center. You must stabilize the entire wall. Walls can be stabilized independently of each other at a later date if the cost is an issue. Proper tuckpointing is critical to long term stabilization.
    You can expect to pay between $375-$450.00 per Fortress carbon grid strap installed. Take the wall length and divide by 4 and that will give you your total grid strap count. You should receive a lifetime transferable warranty with a certified Fortress installation company. This type of stabilization will usually be less expensive and less intrusive than any other type of wall repair in the marketplace. Expect one day or less required for installation time.

Jim Hise   www.expertbasementrepair.com

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Jim Hise