Foundation Stabilization and Repair/another question regarding my foundation

Question
Ed,  I received your reply on needing to get an inspection on my foundation by a licensed structural engineer.  I have spoken with a few companies who say they send out the engineer who does a 1 hour visual inspection of the house to see the problems and write a report.  I think from your answer I need something more in depth than that.  Any suggestions on how to go about finding a good one other than asking neighbors or looking online?   Thanks again,  Paul

Answer
Hello again Paul
Your best bet is to look through your local directory for Structural Engineers close to your home. You should call and speak to one about your block foundation and the flood situation.
The engineer should offer to inspect the foundation and the frame of the home for a certain fee. You can then ask if he would be willing to work with your insurance provider.
You may need to try several engineers before you get one to help you because I'm guessing that they are all going to be quite busy for many months after the severe flooding that took place.
Your insurance company may not be very helpful and you may need to be aggressive in demanding the proper inspection for safety reasons.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley