Foundation Stabilization and Repair/foundation stabilization

how to stabilize foundation:  keep a constant moisture content? have a constant drip line(try to keep it wet)?  try to keep it dry?
I have heard of infusing the foundation clay with a chemical compound that keeps it from swelling so much?

You might as well give up on keep the moisture content of clay constant. Been there, done that, not practical, water bills excessive, maintenance pain. This is especially true if you have any large trees around.
You are absolutely correct about the treatment of clay to prevent these problems of moisture control. Go to my website for more info. Condor SS is the only safe and effective chemical that I consider even using.

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Charles Pratt

Any questions relating to the stabilization of building foundations, driveways, pools, or roadways that have failed and continue to move in expansive clay soils.

Engineer with 40+ years of experience. 4+ years of experience in the stabilization of clay soils.

National Society of Professional Engineers

Information appears on company website at :

Bachelor of Science, University of Oklahoma, 1971

Home owners, home builders