Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Horizontal gap b/t stem wall and slab

Our house was built in the fall of 2010 in central OK.  We are have stem wall/slab issues along a 60 foot section of the house.  One corner of the house shows that the slab has heaved about 3/4 inch for a length of about 10 feet.  The remaining 50 feet there is a gap ~3/4 inch b/t stem wall and slab.  The gap and heaving has slowly worsened over the last 1.5 years.  Builder is blaming it all on slab heaving from moisture.  The vertical heaving makes sense as the slab has moved up but minimal gap b/t stem wall and slab.  The horizontal gap doesn't make sense from just slab heaving -the stem wall has to have moved as well correct?  The trim boards are level, just pulled apart 1/2 inch.  SO is the sheetrock cracks.  
What is causing the gap?  Stem wall rotation, sinking, etc?  What is the fix?  I can send pictures, just don't know how to attach them.  

Hello Jeff

I'm sorry that I cannot offer a guess or opinion on a situation that I am unable to thoroughly examine myself. I do believe, based on your description, that there is a soil saturation issue of some sort. Generally, when there is evidence of heaving or distortion, there is usually clay based soil structure compromised by moisture. Clay tends to expand when saturated, and contract when dried out.
I can only offer a recommendation. You should consult with a licensed structural engineer in your area, and have a thorough inspection of the structure and the soil.
Remedial plans will be offered by the engineer. That is the proper way to determine the severity of the damage as well as taking the correct steps to rectify the problems.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request