Foundation Stabilization and Repair/deck pile heaving

I have the exact same problem with the deck piles lifting during the winter and spring season They are lifting resulting in water flowing toward the house. I live in central Canada in clay soil conditions just like the other fellow you responded to and I have the same structure but to a depth of 12' yet each year it rises a bit. I've had the walls in the 4 season sun room repaired each year  but that is the extent of what the contractor will do to fix the problem. I anticipate major problems as this continues and really need to know what to do. The only difference from the other inquiry you answered is our patio below the cantilevered sunroom is interlock brick which are now sloping upward around each of the piles. HELP!

Hello Roger
I'm sorry that I cannot offer a great deal of remedial advice without thoroughly examining the entire structure including exterior grade slope, soil saturation areas, etc.
The only advice I can offer is this: If you can find someone in your area that can provide proper drainage grade work around the perimeter of the problematic piles and affected foundation regions, then you should be able to significantly reduce the heaving. You may be able to stop the problem all together.
The objective is keeping the soil stabile by keeping the moisture saturation to a minimum. If moisture is allowed to accumulate around the piles or foundation regions, You will have severe problems consistently, especially in the winter and spring.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request