Foundation Stabilization and Repair/French Drain

Question
Looking down to kitchen
Looking down to kitche  

Looking up from kitchen
Looking up from kitche  
Hope you can answer this question,  i have water damage in my kitchen since the backyard slopes down into the kitchen and is destroying the floor.  I have some people come in and both suggests to put in a french drain, but maybe this is not the best solution.  Can you suggest something else.  I don't like the idea that a French Drain need to be cleaned out every two years so i don't like this as a good long term solution.
Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello Mary
I would say that a french drain would probably create bigger problems in the long run. Possible soil issues including accelerated foundation damage, etc.
I believe your best plan would be re-grading the affected area to create a slope away from the building out to a point where a controlled swale could divert the storm water. This would require professional grade and drainage planning from an experienced landscaping contractor. It looks like the concrete would need to be replaced during this proper remedy.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley