Foundation Stabilization and Repair/foundation question

Question
Hi Randy.  I know nothing about housing. Our house/condo has a concrete foundation with vinyl siding. Built 1992. I noticed, using a mirror, that there are some gaps in places between the siding and the concrete  where other places, there is wood tightly between the 2.  We are getting crickets inside. A. do we need to fix those gaps and B. is that leaving the house open to crickets or is it sealed below the siding anyway?

Answer
Laura,
It sounds by your description that you may be looking at the bottom wall frame plate where it sits on top of the concrete foundation/slab.
If you have not noticed it before there may an underlying cause..

Inspect the vertical concrete wall outside for any cracks or separations.
If all appears in good condition then it would be a good idea to seal up the gaps
not only to prevent infestation from bugs but to also seal out the air and moisture.
If I am not interpreting the location correctly send my a picture or two and I will take
a look.

Randy

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Randy Dikeman