Foundation Stabilization and Repair/foundation question

Hi Randy.  I know nothing about housing. Our house/condo has a concrete foundation with vinyl siding. Built 1992. I noticed, using a mirror, that there are some gaps in places between the siding and the concrete  where other places, there is wood tightly between the 2.  We are getting crickets inside. A. do we need to fix those gaps and B. is that leaving the house open to crickets or is it sealed below the siding anyway?

It sounds by your description that you may be looking at the bottom wall frame plate where it sits on top of the concrete foundation/slab.
If you have not noticed it before there may an underlying cause..

Inspect the vertical concrete wall outside for any cracks or separations.
If all appears in good condition then it would be a good idea to seal up the gaps
not only to prevent infestation from bugs but to also seal out the air and moisture.
If I am not interpreting the location correctly send my a picture or two and I will take
a look.

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Randy Dikeman

Any question regarding foundation repair, methods, new construction foundations,crawl space,soil retention walls,foundation maintenance, helical anchors and piers, push piers and resistance piers.

37 years of construction experience, 23 years specifically in the foundation repair industry. 13 years as a foundation repair contractor, 10 years as a national training manager for several major steel pier manufacturers

Deep Foundations Institute

Nathan Hale High School, Tulsa, ok Oklahoma State University (no degree) Certified Installation Trainer with Several Manufacturers Licensed Insurance Adjuster - Texas