Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Foundation Repair

Question
I have had 3 estimates so far to fix my foundation.  All use totally different methods.  They also are very different in price.  My last estimate is the most affordable but I'm questioning now what is the correct method?  My house is on a crawl space, the entire front of the house is shifting forward.  The guy said that they would go under floor joints and install 6-4X6X8ft treated support beams, each beam is on 3- solid cement set-up per beam, lift and level house.  Is this method going to work?

Answer
Hello Heather
I'm sorry that I cannot offer remedial advice on the proper repair technique without thoroughly examining the foundation myself. I can say, however, that the repair method you have described will only offer limited support to a specific area of the floor and frame of the home. The best type of support and control of the homes frame is by directly addressing the foundation with connections and reinforcement of the foundation. There are many options based on the severity of the situation. I usually recommend hydraulically driven steel piers, or helical piers, depending on the soil type and the anticipated building load.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley