Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Leveling 2nd floor bathroom floor

Question
Leveling 2nd floor bathroom floor

Hi Ed,
I would like to renovate my bathroom which is located on the 2nd floor of a 65 year old has that was built on a concrete slab.  The house has settled quite a bit.  Would would be the best way to level a bathroom floor.  I really cant prop it up from below since it sits above the garage.

thanks

Answer
Hello Tom
I'm sorry that I cannot offer suggestions about the best way to level a second story floor without thoroughly examining the frame of the compromised structure.
You mentioned that you don't believe there is any way to prop or brace from below and so that would only offer one option: Re-Building the sub floor in the bathroom area. There may be a need for some leveling compound, (if you are planning tile), or perhaps some shimming and new plywood to achieve a flat surface for linoleum, etc....
I would recommend consulting with a structural expert in your area and having an examination of the situation before you proceed with any remedial steps.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley