Foundation Stabilization and Repair/creeping patio


Hello Mr. Eckley...I have a home on the Intracoastal waterway in south Florida....and I am concerned that part of the property abuttin g the water is creeping...there are cracks on the raised patio..around the pool...that have been there for many years....but I am noticing slight separation of the patio and the actual house.The seawall seems fine....but its hard to tell....who would be best to take a look at this situation...any  insight would be greatly appreciated..Peter Goulet  

Hello Peter
I would recommend consulting with a reputable Geotechnical Engineer in your County.
They generally have a better understanding of territorial problems with structural damage, soil related problems, etc, than a structural engineer might have in your particular case.
Especially sinse you are on coastal lands.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ed Eckley


I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.


Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Awards and Honors
Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Past/Present Clients
Available on request

©2017 All rights reserved.