Foundation Stabilization and Repair/carbon fiber straps on basement wall

Will carbon fiber straps installed on a wall with 1-1/4" bow do what they say they can do. The backfill is clay and in a very wet year the crack will expand slightly. We are negotiating the purchase of a home with these conditions and it all boils down for us the question of the reliability of the carbon fiber straps which were installed! DO THEY WORK?
block wall, modular home, 20 years old, drainage and grade are now okay, full basement

THANK YOU!

Hello Frank
Carbon Fiber straps are very helpful in reinforcing cracked or compromised concrete walls but they are limited in ability to straighten or correct existing bowing, especially where Clay based backfill is used. The clay expansion, (When wet), will absolutely cause further problems and further damage unless corrective measures are established to prevent clay saturation....Surface grade is the most critical issue to establish rapid drainage away from the affected areas.
I personally prefer Steel reinforcement against damaged concrete.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request