Foundation Stabilization and Repair/helical piers for house being built

Question
I am starting to build a house.  The construction foreman said the soil is a sandy consistency.  The house is approx. 1800 sq feet 2 stories with 2 car attached garage.  Around how much should I expect if I had helical piers installed before the foundation is placed in Ohio.

Answer
multi-flyte pipe pier
multi-flyte pipe pier  

pier extensions
pier extensions  
Kristy,
      New construction piers for a standard residential home are normally placed 10' on center around the perimeter and under and internal bearing walls. You'll need to layout the installation grid on your building plan design to come up with the number of piers.
      Piers which are going to be bearing loads in sand will often require 2 or 3 flights in order to properly support the load and also prevent the piers from reaching very deep into the ground...or sinking at a later date ! The deeper the pier goes beyond its normal manufactured length ( with pier shaft extensions ) the higher the cost is per pier.
      Expect each pier to be in the $1300-$1500.00 dollar range for a galvanized multi-flyte pier configuration....plus and adder for extra depth obtained if you exceed a promised depth to be obtained. It would be best to have a structural engineer look at your plans and exact soil conditions in order to design the correct pier configuration for your home and avoid any surprises .
      Pier installers are normally only installers...not engineers.

Best Regards,
         Jim
 www.expertbasementrepair.com
       Cleveland, Ohio

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Jim Hise