Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Filling groundhog holes under carport

Hi. A few months ago we found 2 holes on 2 sides of our carport that turned out to be groundhog holes. The holes are under the concrete slab right next to the side of our house. I don't believe the groundhog dug underneath our house as our house has a basement.

We want to fill the holes but don't know if and how many tunnels it might have built under our carport. Any suggestions on how best to fill the holes/tunnels?

Thank you for your time.

Hello Amanda
The very best way to fill the holes and tunnels and re-establish maximum support beneath the carport slab, Is a method called Hydro-Grouting. You would need to check your local directory for licensed contractors that privide that type of service. The process involves pumping a sand and water slurry under tremendous pressure, into and throughout the tunnel system. This would completely solidify the hollow areas and provide maximum supportive strength beneath the slab, especially sinse vehicles may be parked upon the slab.
Some contractors may use a certain amount of portland cement in the mix to add strength and stability also preventing future digging by groundhogs in those previously affected areas.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request