Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Garage foundation is sinkig

Sinking garage
Sinking garage  
My garage is sinking on one side. which is causing the automatic garage door not to close fully on that side. The front of the garage fall( the piece of concrete between the driveway and the garage has lifted up and cracked. Do I need to have that part of the garage jacked-up in order to lifted that side up again. will this cause my wall in the house to crack?

Hey Ethel,
Based on your photo it appears that the foundation at the left side of the garage has settled. This in turn has caused the slab to lift up at the center control joint.  In my opinion the left side of the garage needs to be stabilized with a deep driven pier system, such as provided by Mount Valley Foundation Services.  In some cases the displacement in the concrete will be repaired with the piers, however it may be necessary to grind the concrete down in this area.
Hope this helps.

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Edwin Moore

I can answer any questions concerning the causes and repair of foundation movement.

I have been in the foundation stabilization industry for over ten years. I have been involved with over 10,000 projects and have overseen the installation of over 1 million linear feet of steel piering.

I hold a degree in construction engineering, licensed in SC as a Building Inspector, Certified as a instructor for profesional engineers in SC. Certified by Basement Systems as a Crawl Space Specialist. Certified by DriveRite as a Foundation Stabilization Specialist