Foundation Stabilization and Repair/cracks in basement

Question
You needed more info on my very long basement with blocks for a foundation.IT is also bowing in.Clay is soil type...One company suggests wall anchors the other steel beams.Which is the better choice.House built in 1964

Answer
steel beam and wall anchor
steel beam and wall an  

wall anchors failed
wall anchors failed  
Karen,
     The better choice of just these two products for a masonry block wall cracking and bowing problem would be the steel beams. The wall anchors tend to point poad the wall...meaning, the wall plate on the inside is only holding 4-5 blocks...not the length of the wall. Wall anchors also will not protect you against bottom wall shearing. Wall anchors also need to be torqued monthly to be sure they have come loose.
Steel beams will hold the wall from the top to the bottom, provided the top of the beam is properly anchored and the void behind the beam is filled against the wall.
FYI...Fortress Carbon fiber is also a good repair if you can find an installer. It's much stronger than a steel beam, is flat, can be painted...and will not scare future home buyers away because the repair almost disappears once painted.
See my website for additional information on wall anchors, steel beams and other repair methods.
Best regards,
         Jim        www.expertbasementrepair.com

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Jim Hise