Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Basement steps

Question
Photo of the crack
Photo of the crack  

Steps
Steps  
There is a crack where my basement meets the steps of a prefabricated bilco Door, the crack has appeared this year I suspect because of the ice and cold,. Please help in repair ideas, I am expecting water leakage when the snow melts

Answer
Sanngeta,

There is not enough detail in the photo to be 100% sure but from what I can see this looks like deteriorated mortar.  I would suggest cleaning the joint and tuck-point with new mortar.  You could also use an elastomeric product such as a polyurethane sealant such as SONOLASTIC NP1 or Sikaflex Construction Sealant.  The Sikaflex is usually available at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Edwin Moore