Foundation Stabilization and Repair/sweating block foundation

my foundation is 3 rows of block on a 6 inch footing .footing is barely under ground because we are at the lake and are setting on a solid ledge therefore our footings are backfilled but the blocks are above ground.i crawled under the house to run some electrical wiring and noticed the wet  floor joist and sub floor. assuming the water was coming from outside leak ie.  (siding, flashing, or something like that)  i found no leaks looked further and noticed the blocks sweating almost exactly like the ones pictured on this site. i have auto-vents (self closing in cold weather and self open in warm weather. what can i do to prevent or stop the sweatng bofore water damages the floor and joist?

Hello Terry
From your description of the sweating blocks and the moist environment, I would think that there is an issue with high humidity in the crawl space area beneath the structure.
You should try to find specialists in your area that may be able to install vapor exaust fans that could be hooked up to humidity sensors to react automatically when the humidity is present. Similar exaust systems are used areas where high levels of radon are being controlled by fresh air circulation, etc.....
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request