Foundation Stabilization and Repair/carport releveling

i got a steel carport that I installed on concrete one end has sunk and im looking for a safe way to bring back to level..should I do one corner at a time slowly or go to the roof braces and raise the whole end at once

Hello Charles
From your description of the sinking problem, I would suggest remedial steps involving the concrete pad stabilization and lifting back into previous position by slab jacking, (Mud Jacking). You can look up these types of specialty contractors in your region and get quotes and advice for long lasting stability.
If you were to lift up the frame of the carport and insert shims, etc,...You will absolutely be repeating this process many times in the future because whatever the concrete sinking problem is, It will continue until the source of the soil softening is addressed.
Usually these things occur because of excessive water collection along side of the concrete slab. Storm water, Sprinkler system, etc....
If you decide to lift the carport frame, I would suggest very careful planning with a licensed contractor so that you do not compromise your homeowners insurance.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request