Foundation Stabilization and Repair/Cracking along the side of a house.

Damage to side of house
Damage to side of hous  

Same section 3 years ago
Same section 3 years a  

I am a fellow expert in the Gardening area (perennials) and I have found that my fellow experts have been invaluable when I have issue.  I am trying to find a contractor to handle cracking on the side of my home and cannot out what kind of individual to employ.

There sections that just need painting I can handle, but I am concerned about what I am seeing. Over time the freeze/thaw cycles have damaged the surface. It has been patched in the past by the previous occupant and the patches are beginning to fall off. More patching and painting would just be a short term fix.

It has been suggested to me by the previous owner that I should ask a specialist come and sandblast off all of the old finish and apply a new render, or a hard wearing epoxy finish after the cracks have been filled, and that is specialist work but if it is done right should last for many years, and that anyone doing this should guarantee their work.

Now, mind you, the previous owner was an engineer and I find that they get themselves in trouble trying to do things. I am not certain that the suggested method for the repair is the correct one.

I have been trying to find someone who can execute this but I am having trouble describing it, and end up with my contact efforts being responded to by individuals who lay driveways. And I am concerned about potential contractors realizing I am female, and taking advantage.

I would be very grateful if you could steer me in the right direction. Attached is a picture of the damage.

Thank you so much for giving this a look. It is much appreciated.

Donna Mack

Hello Donna
It looks like you are having problems with stucco cracking and breaking away from the wall.
I believe you will need to find a reputable stucco siding contractor to chip away the damaged areas and apply new stucco.
Simple patching would probably not last because of the compromised, loose sections.
You should be able to find confident contractors that specialize in that type of work and hopefully provide you with quality, lasting repairs.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley

I will be happy to answer any questions regarding foundation problems of any type. Questions pertaining to construction methods, Problematic soils, Settling & Movement, Frame torsion & racking, Preventative measures, Repair methods of all types.

Over 18 years in the industry. A.S.M.E. Certified,(American Society of Mechanical Engineering). Hydraulics Design Expert. 18 years of hands on soil manipulation. Over 500 homes repaired, and over 20 commercial buildings repaired. Extensive soil knowledge. Familiar with most types of repair methods and the expected results of each.

Publications Article Title: Foundation Problems Do's & Don'ts Foundation Repair Methods

High School Graduate 1976 Trade School Graduate 1976 College Graduate 1978

Certificates of achievment: Excel Industries Letters of appreciation: City of Golden Awards & Plaques: Jacobsen Turf Division

Available on request