Foundation Stabilization and Repair/sinking concrete kitchen floor(tri-level house)

Question
my kitchen floor is sinking and is uneven. I plan to pour concrete to even out the lower portion of the floor that is sinking and is uneven. Will this work?

Answer
Hello Tmc
The method you have described will probably even out the flatness of the floor, but it may not last if the innitial cause of the sinking concrete slab is not identified and corrected.
There is a possibility of softened soil beneath the slab floor due to water saturation of some sort. Possibly a leaking pipe or exterior storm water seeping in under the slab....I would absolutely make certain that you have corrected whatever caused the slab to sink before you repair the flatness of the interior.
I wish you the best!
Respectfully          Ed Eckley

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Ed Eckley