Foundation Stabilization and Repair/basement wall

my house was waterproofed 29 years ago after the heavy rains we had around 6 years ago i have notice in one corner the blocks have moved and i get some water sometimes not a lot. no where else in the house do i have this problem.what can be done to fix this and is not going to break the bank.

The rock bottom cheapest way to stop the water coming into your basement is too hand dig the outside corner...go to Home Depot and buy a bucket of tar and a bag of Type "S" mortar. Expose the block which has moved. Clean it with a pressure washer. fill in all the cracks and voids with mortar. Let that dry for a week. Next cover the area with tar. That should get you by with the info I have from you.

Regards, jim

Foundation Stabilization and Repair

Jim Hise

I am the owner of EXPERT BASEMENT REPAIR in Cleveland, Ohio. see WWW.EXPERTBASEMENTREPAIR.COM for more helpful links, pricing and information on repair work and products I can identify the reasons for movement or cracking in home foundations, basements and walls. I am familiar with most waterproofing and water control methods. I am familiar with and have installed Ramjack, Dixie MacLean, and A.B.Chance™ helical and push pier systems, including tiebacks, steel beams, and rod and grout repair and also several carbon fiber stabilization products. I am currently certified for Fortress carbon fiber installation and have performed carbon repair in the greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio region for 14 years. Please remember to tell me what city you live in to help me answer your question up front!

20 years of structural foundation fault identification and most repair and stabilization methods. I introduced Fortress carbon fiber to this region of Ohio 14 years ago. I am always on site and involved in order to monitor each project I am responsible for. I have seen high pressure sales tactics used on homeowners over the years to buy on the very first contact. The most dominant ads on this site are good examples. My experience is that you need to be very careful when having these companies in your home.

Waterproofing magazine issue #2

Associates degree...and the school of hard knocks! Formerly certified by A.B.Chance company from 1993-2005. I have a construction and home improvement background for almost 35 years. I bought, restored and resold distressed property. I worked with 4 different foundation repair companies and am familiar with most methods. I also worked for a waterproofing company for several years. I teach ongoing education classes for home inspectors, adult education and Realtors in foundation fault identification and repair.

Hundreds of residential, commercial and some industrial.