FoxPro/Field Name Width of Foxpro dbf file

Question
In general the maximium field name width for a foxpro dbf file is 10-characters limit but i have got a file with the field name exceeding 10-characters for the field. Can i know how can i build the dbf file with the field name exceeding 10-characters. Thanks a lot for your help

Answer

You didn't specify your version of FoxPro, so I can't give a lot of specifics, but a free table has a limit of 10 characters for a field name, if the table is part of a database container, much longer field names are permitted.  For example, in Visual FoxPro 7, they can be up to 128 characters.  To find out the specifics for your version, look in the HELP file under SYSTEM CAPACITIES.

FoxPro

Fred Frase