FoxPro/how to get the current date record

Question
Good day sir!

I just wanna ask how can I get a current date record from a table to display on my report, (using VFP9.0)
Say I have:
12/20/2012
12/21/2012
12/29/2012
01/15/2013
How can I display: 01/15/2013 in my report?

Thank you!

Answer
AJ,

Since displaying dates on a report are the same as any other field, I am guessing that you are interested in either the format or selecting the most recent record.  

For formatting:

SET DATE controls the order of Month,Day & Year EX:  SET DATE TO MDY
    SET CENTURY dictates the number of digits in the year   EX:  SET CENTURY ON = 4 digits

For record selection:

The easiest way to insure getting the most recent record is to index the table by the date field, then use the bottom record.  Setting a filter insures it's the only record used.
         INDEX ON <datefield> to TempIDX
         GO BOTTOM
         CurrRec = RECNO()
         SET FILTER TO RECNO() = CurrRec

[ Run Report ]

SET FILTER TO
         SET INDEX TO
         DELETE FILE TempIDX.IDX

I hope this covers what you wanted...

FoxPro

Fred Frase