FoxPro/see the printer

In VFP9 to print the report I use "to print prompt" and I can see the printer to select in Windows XP, but it not the same in Windows 7. Is there another code to see the printer to select?

Hi, I'm sorry but, I can't explain this issue.  I just ran a VFP9 program in Widows 7, which uses "to print prompt" and it worked properly.  

If I can't re-create the problem, I don't see how I can fix it.

Please be sure the printer you are looking for is properly installed in Windows 7 by checking the "Devices and Printers" list.  You should see this selection on the right column of the Start Menu.  Everything displayed under the heading "Printers and Faxes" should appear in the list.  The "prompt" component of the command does not actually look for hardware, it gets the printer information from this list in Windows.

If you have any additional information that could help me find the issue, please feel free to post a follow-up question.  I will help in any way I can.

Good Luck,

Fred Frase

Questions about development only. No installation or hardware specific questions, please. Your first step in requesting assistance should be to identify the version of FoxPro you are using. I can write short functions but, PLEASE do not ask me to write programs for you.

Nearly 30 years professional programming experience using FoxPro (FoxBase through VFP 9) or other xbase language, primarily in Windows environments.

Completed a 1,000 hour diploma course in programming at International Academy of Ohio (subsequently merged with Southern Ohio College).