FoxPro/Run a foxpro2.6 a .EXE program in Windows 7, 64 bit

BobG wrote at 2016-05-31 22:45:19
Foxpro 2.6 is actually a 16-bit application, but it will run in a 32-bit version of Windows, but not a 64-bit version. I run it in a virtual machine installed in a 64-bit version of Windows 10. The software I use for the virtual machine is VMware Workstation 12 Player. I tried Virtual Box, but it did not work as well as VMware's product.

Once you have VMware installed within the 64-bit version of Windows, start the virtual machine (it's like a PC within a PC). Then, you will need a 32-bit version of Windows and install it within the virtual machine.

It involves extra steps, but I have not found a product that will work as Foxpro does within a 64-bit version of Windows.

I am willing to provide free assistance as much as possible, if there is a way to contact me directly. I'm retired, and I develop software for free for a local community service organization which provides services to seniors.

Fred Frase

Questions about development only. No installation or hardware specific questions, please. Your first step in requesting assistance should be to identify the version of FoxPro you are using. I can write short functions but, PLEASE do not ask me to write programs for you.

Nearly 30 years professional programming experience using FoxPro (FoxBase through VFP 9) or other xbase language, primarily in Windows environments.

Completed a 1,000 hour diploma course in programming at International Academy of Ohio (subsequently merged with Southern Ohio College).