FoxPro/Run a foxpro2.6 a .EXE program in Windows 7, 64 bit

BobG wrote at 2016-05-31 22:45:19
Foxpro 2.6 is actually a 16-bit application, but it will run in a 32-bit version of Windows, but not a 64-bit version. I run it in a virtual machine installed in a 64-bit version of Windows 10. The software I use for the virtual machine is VMware Workstation 12 Player. I tried Virtual Box, but it did not work as well as VMware's product.

Once you have VMware installed within the 64-bit version of Windows, start the virtual machine (it's like a PC within a PC). Then, you will need a 32-bit version of Windows and install it within the virtual machine.

It involves extra steps, but I have not found a product that will work as Foxpro does within a 64-bit version of Windows.

I am willing to provide free assistance as much as possible, if there is a way to contact me directly. I'm retired, and I develop software for free for a local community service organization which provides services to seniors.

FoxPro

Fred Frase