France/French Revolution

Question
QUESTION: My friend and I are doing a History Fair project on the French Revolution, and we were wondering if you could just give us a brief summary of the economical, social, political, and maybe a little environmental views of the society in France after the French Revolution. Point of view of the poor people and the royals please.
It would also be VERY helpful if you compared the life of the different classes to characters in Les Miserables (only if you've watched it, of course).

Thanks so much!

ANSWER: Hi . . . Saomi from Texas!

Yes, personally, I could write lots and lots about ALL of the various and many factors involving the French Revolution, including how the French helped our American battles for freedom against England in the 1776-1781 period.  Then, how our American Revolution spurred their revolt against the King in France, etc.  Then, how their revolution in France got rather "bloody" and led to the period of Napoleon, etc.  Lots of history and details there.

BUT, there have been countless books and long research studies done on these many subjects and related topics.  Have you checked your library?  Reviewed various Internet info sources?  Lots and lots of history on such details have been done.  PLUS, those actual events have generated many fictional variations, including theatre-movie versions such as Les Miserables.  

My time is a little limited due to work schedule right now, plus this board is more for travel help within France and nearby. Not doing school reports.   

Am I assuming correctly that this school project is more for you to be doing this research yourself?  Tell me more!

What are your needs for added information, help?  Be happy to provide additional info and answer other questions after learning more from you.  

ENJOY!  Merci Beaucoup!

Thanks.  Terry Casey in Columbus, Ohio

QUESTION: We already did our research, but we needed an adult sort of mentor, and we were supposed to "interview" or ask them questions

we just need the differences between how the poor were treated and how the royals were treated during the French Revolution (economical, social, political, and environmental if possible)

Thanks!

Answer
I can do an interview with you.  I have free long-distance and am happy to call by phone.  When?  Later tonight?  Am busy later Thursday through Monday.  Maybe Monday evening?  Later Tuesday afternoon or evening?

What your timing options/potentials?  Phone for me to call?

Thanks.  Terry Casey

France

Terry Casey