France/trip outside of Paris and return to CDG

Question
Hi Terry, we (2 couples in our 60's) will be spending a week  in Paris, then taking the train out and renting a car for three days. On day number 4 after Paris, we need to be at CDG for a noon flight.

I have read so much about different cities, I am totally overwhelmed. What would you do?

We are interested in wineries and good food.

Is it doable to take a train into CDG for a noon flight? Or should we come in the night before and stay near the airport?

Answer
Just wanted to follow-up to see if you had received this reply that I sent earlier this month.  Let me know any added questions and/or reactions.  Thanks.  Terry

Hi . . . Marilyn from Louisiana!

On your central question, so much depends on where you are planning to be and take the train from in order to be at CDG before your noon flight back to the USA.  

Where would you be coming from?  Tell me more.  That location is a very key detail!!

That CDG airport is big, sprawling and confusing.  You need to allow enough time to be there EARLY and get from the rail location, walk the long corridors, do final ticketing, check-in, baggage, security, etc., etc.  

If going from Tours' St Pierre Des COR suburban station in the Loire valley, the earliest train does not leave until 10 am.  Gets you to the airport too, too late.  

Reactions to these various ideas and options????  Look forward to hearing back from you with more details and specifics.

Does this start to help a little? What are your needs for added information?  Be happy to provide additional info and answer other questions after learning more from you.  Be sure to complete the evaluation section so that our "bosses" on this volunteer service know we are working hard to make inquiring minds as happy as possible. ENJOY!  Merci Beaucoup!

Thanks.  Terry Casey in Columbus, Ohio

France

Terry Casey