France/3 week trip paris and loire valley

This is our 3rd trip to France, and we are staying at a chateau in the loire for one week, and renting an apt in paris for two weeks, in the 7th.  We would like suggestions for more unusual and interesting things to do and see besides the basics one does on ones first trip to paris.  We are thinking about a cooking class one day, a bike ride out in Giverny with a picnic. also, we will be there mid june to some time in beginning of july.  do we need to make reservations now for michelin restaurants? it will be our 40th anniversary while we are there and we would like to go somewhere very special.  we will have a car in the loire valley while we visit chateaux, but not in paris.  maybe see opera? ballet? jazz?  thank you for your suggestions, we are getting so very excited to visit again

Hello Judi

You have such a good idea to rent an appartment. It will allow you to taste the new great cake shop that have opened such as gateaux thoumieux rue st domonique and the ones rue du bac.

Besides that I can suggest
the vaux le vicomte castle  visi with candle lights

if you want to book a good restaurant you better book it now May I suggest to go there for lunch you can find same qualities with better price

opera garnier
there are some ballet there on july
I think you can book online

I don not know if you already visit them but try to go to
musée de la vie romantique
musée jacqumart andré
which are human scale and very nice

for cooking lesson, I try once the following
it was very good

I hope you will enjoy your trip

I live in Paris and I usually know what happens in my town concerning museums, theatre, music but also where to have a great hot chocolate or a nice walk in town. I have no direct knowledges for hotels (except their site).