Franchising/Steps to Creating a Franchise

Question
Where is the best place to go to get information on how to create a Franchise?

Answer
Dear Terry:
Thank you for your question.

You need to first determine if your business is franchisable by considering the following: Is there a wide market for your concept? Do you have a point of differentiation? Is the concept duplicable? Is your concept saleable? You'll need to assure that your prototype is a real-life example of the possibilities of your business. While many companies will begin franchising before their trademark is fully registered, you will certainly want to have at least begun the process.  You will need the written procedures (“an Operations Manual”) that memorialize your methods and will become your textbook for training new franchisees. You will also need to develop the marketing tools that will help you sell your franchise opportunity.  And, of course, you will need to hire an attorney to draft your Franchise Disclosure Document.

As you might imagine there a number of organizations, websites and publications dedicated to franchising. Some of the best include Franchise Times, Entrepreneur.com and the International Franchise Association. I would also be happy to send you a free educational video on franchising; simply go to our website www.ifranchisegroup.com and follow the links.

Franchising

Mark Siebert