Franchising/Franchise Damages

Question
You want to recind the franchise and seek damages in California.  Other than the franchise fee, can you give me a short list of other damages that the franchisee would be looking to recoup?

Thank You

Answer
Franchise Foundations has a free franchise legal help advice hotline where you can ask a franchise attorney any question. Go to:

http://www.franchisefoundations.com/franchiseattorney.html

Going to your question, besides the franchise fee, here's the short list:

1.  royalties paid;

2.  amount invested;

3.  lost profits.

A franchise attorney familiar with California's franchise investment law will be able to provide better advice after a review of the facts and circumstances, including:

a.  whether their was an earnings claim;

b.  whether the franchisee wants to continue operating the business independently, or wants out entirely.

If you'd like to contact me directly, use the franchise attorney link below.

Best of luck!

Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.
Franchise Attorney & Franchise Expert
Director of Operations & Mr. Franchise
FRANCHISE FOUNDATIONS, A Professional Corp.
http://www.franchisefoundations.com/franchiseexpert.html

Franchising

Franchise Attorney Franchise Expert MBA - Kevin B. Murphy - Mr. Franchise & Former Franchise Owner