Franchising/Mr. Franchise on Franchise Brokers

Question
I am looking into of becoming a Franchise Broker.  Would you recommend any Franchise Broker associations or recommend staying away from any?

Thank you for any insight.

Answer
Hi Barbara,

As a franchise attorney , who has actually walked the walk, owning and operating a very successful franchise, and a court-accepted, testifying  franchise expert, I can only tell you the following.

If you're really serious about doing this, I'd recommend you start out working for a franchise broker business first. There are a LOT of them out there; some are even franchises themselves - selling franchises to sell franchises. With that experience, you could then consider starting your own business. Or, probably an even better idea, get a franchise marketing position with a medium-large franchise company, helping them sell their franchises. The most successful franchise companies don't use franchise brokers - they do all marketing in-house.

If you are not familiar with the process and techniques for selling a franchise, Franchise Foundations offers an online workshop on this topic.

Best of luck,

Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.
Franchise Attorney & Franchise Expert
Director of Operations - Mr. Franchise
FRANCHISE FOUNDATIONS APC
http://www.franchisefoundations.com  

Franchising

Franchise Attorney Franchise Expert MBA - Kevin B. Murphy - Mr. Franchise & Former Franchise Owner